Available on this page are a variety of moulding which can be useful in touching up and adding a finished look to a new stair or flooring installation. Stair-Treads.com offers a large selection of different profiles in order to better serve an individual project's special requirements. Moulding available on this page includes:(expand to read more)
- Quarter-Round: Used for bordering the spaces between hardwood flooring and a wall.Our quarter-round moulding is sold in minimum orders of 100’.Moulding will be cut down in random lengths of 5'-8' feet if shipped via FedEx or UPS because of a 8' maximum length on home delivery orders. Quarter-round moulding is available in all of species and only in unfinished.
- Plain and Scroll Stair bracket: Used along the sides of exposed or open staircases to cover the edge of any exposed riser or any exposed sub-tread. The stair bracket is typically used in a staircase with left or right return stair treads. Stair brackets are available in all of our wood species and our seven red oak stains.
- Wood Flooring Spline: often referred to as "slip tongue," is used to change the direction of installed hardwood where two "grooves" meet and serves as a substitute tongue for the flooring boards. Buy spline in 25 ft packs for smaller jobs with less waste and expense. The average length of each piece is around 6 ft. Wood spline can also be used to join the groove on a landing tread with the groove in hardwood flooring or our T&G Panel systems. Available in all of our wood species and unfinished only. Spline can be stained by customer once product arrives.
- Flex Shoe Moulding: This vinyl product is used to wrap around the bottom of a starter step riser where the riser meets the floor. Flex shoe moulding hides gaps between hardwood flooring and starter riser. Because flex shoe is flexible it can be stretched around corners. Sold by the box and each box has a single 12ft piece. Can be stained or painted on-site.
- Loose Returns: These returns are the same returns that we miter in each return tread and are Red Oak. They can be nailed on the edge of a Red Oak box tread. Loose returns are sold by the piece and are 1 1/4" wide by 1" thick, by 12 3/4" long. Each return is bullnosed along the long end as well as along one short end. Used to fabricate a custom fit tread on site. Available in all of wood species and in our seven red oak stains.
- 1/4" x 2" S4S: This S4S is 1/4" thick x 2" wide and 8’ long. We finish it in any of our standard colors. The most common use of this S4S is to cap the edges of risers exposed in left or right return staircases.